Saturday, January 11, 2014

Week 7

Hello familia

This week has been full of new changes. I am currently in a trio companionship with Elder Leifson and Elder Webster. They are from Utah and Idaho, respectively. I have been assigned to my new area, Pradera, and man is it different from my previous area. The ward here is very big and the members are pretty active for the most part. The members have been very warm and friendly to us 3 and we are eager to work with them. Elder Webster had already been serving in this area before Elder Leifson and I got here, so he has been our map for this past week. This new area is bigger than my previous area, and a whole lot more confusing. The main part of the area is known as "The Labyrinth" to all the missionaries because it is crazy confusing! All the houses start to look the same after a while. It's called "The Labyrinth" because of all the private gated neighborhoods that are in the area that create a bunch of barriers between one street and another. I am really grateful that we have Elder Webster here to show us around. 

This week has also been my first week as the Executive Secretary of the mission.  I have been training these last few weeks with Elder De Los Santos who has shown me how to fill out all the paper work and whatnot. Since we got new missionaries this week, it was my job to help the foreign ones out with their immigration papers, solo. I was a little nervous at first because I have to be extra careful with all the legal paperwork and documents. If I mess anything up, no matter how miniscule, there is a fee that we have to pay. So I made sure to do everything nice and carefully to avoid anything going wrong. I prayed and prayed that nothing would go wrong, and I was able to file everything correctly. I am so grateful that the Lord helped and guided me as I worked and did my duties as a secretary.

We have a lot of work ahead of us in this new area. We have about 30 references to work with and a bunch of old investigators who we found while reading our area book. I am hopeful of finding these new brothers and sisters of mine, and I know that I must work and serve to be able to invite them to come to Christ. 

"Nevertheless, the Lord God showeth us our weakness that we may know that it is by his grace, and his great condescensions unto the children of men, that we have power to do these things." (Jacob 4:7)

My First District: (Left To Right) E. Webster, E. Huffman, E. Lotulalei, E. Goldaracena, E. Diaz, E. Stewart, E. Hendrickson


Streets of Central 

Planning Sessions with Elder Leifson and Elder Webster


No comments:

Post a Comment